As I made the rounds snapping photo after photo, listening in as the mainstream media members interviewed Denard, Tate, Devin, etc...I happened to have the chance to catch Michigan center David Molk in between his photo ops and ask a few questions. Unbeknown to me the folks from mgovideo happended to be videotaping it. Here's what he had to say...
Q. How does the knee feel?
A. Great. No problems.
Q. Could you give a percentage?
Q. You've been called one of the leaders of this team. Do you feel like you're one of the leaders of this team?
A. I think my position warrants it. Being the center, you control the line. And also because our backfield is young, yeah, I consider myself a leader along with the seniors on the line and the quarterback.
Q. What's your assessment of the offense compared to the last couple years coming through fall camp?
A. We're doing really well actually. Everything is kind of gelling...the O-line is feeling really good, the receivers are doing well, and the quarterback play is great.
Q. Does it feel easier this year in terms of how everyone understands the offense and what the coaches are trying to do?
A. Yeah I'd say that's fair. The more experience you have the easier it is to see read defenses and stuff like that. Every year it gets slower.
Q. How excited are you to get back on the field after sitting out the last few games of 2009?
A. I can't wait. The reason I like football is that I like to hit people. I hate everything else. I like to hit people really f___ing hard (laughs), and I haven't been able to do that for a really long time.
Q. How do you feel about hitting guys like Mike Martin, does that make you a better player lining up accross from guys like that?
A. There's no other player I'd like to go against than Mike. I know he's one of the top noses in the country, and every day I go against him, I know I'm going against the best.
Q. Any big difference between Mike Martin and Will Campbell?
A. Even though they play the same position, they play it different ways. Will will use his size more than Mike does. Will being 320-325, he'll use his weight more. While Mike will use his speed and strength more. They're both good.
Q. Playing the center position, you obviously have a special relationship with the QBs. How do you feel about the QBs this year?
A. Love all 3. I don't care who's back there, we can win with them all.
Q. How do you think Tate's responded to some of the criticism about his conditioning and the comments made by Troy Woolfolk?
A. He's done pretty well. He's really had his head in the game, he's prepared well, he's practiced well...he's got his wings back and I think he's going to be ready to go.
And also, Greg from MVictors happen to snap this photo of Mike giving me the "don't mess with me look".
- ► 2014 ( 114 )
- ► 2013 ( 226 )
- ► 2012 ( 317 )
- ► 2011 ( 312 )
- For Your Game Week Consumption: UM Depth Chart
- Preview: Connecticut Huskies
- 90 Minutes With Rich Rodriguez
- Michigan No Closer to Naming Starting QB
- Michigan-OSU Will Still Matter
- The Scrimmage That We Shall Not Speak Of
- 2010 Preview: Receivers and Tight Ends
- Media Day with Michigan Center David Molk
- Media Day Photos
- Splitsville: Michigan and Ohio State
- Wings 2: Dawn - Rise of the New Beginning
- Michigan's Offensive Line Looking Strong
- Like, OMG...I Tweet Something and People Go, Like,...
- Forcier to Transfer?
- A Sobering Look at Michigan's Secondary
- Troy Woolfolk Suffers Ankle Injury, Maybe Out For ...
- #1 Jersey Semi-Retired?
- Michigan Players Must Earn Their Wings
- Dave Brandon's Comments on NCAA Hearing
- Outgoing: Justin Turner
- Hear Ye! College Football Pick'em League!
- Rodriguez Presser Notes
- Your 2010 Captains: Moundros & Schilling
- 2010 Preview: Offensive Line
- Michigan to Play Alabama in Dallas in 2012?
- NCAA Investigating West Virginia, Rodriguez Again
- Jon Falk Discusses Michigan's Classic Winged Helme...
- Blog Fight!
- Delany: 2 Divisions, 9 Game Big Ten Schedule, Titl...
- Rodriguez Speaks at Big Ten Media Days
- 2010 Preview: Running Back
- ▼ August ( 31 )
- ► 2009 ( 220 )
- ► 2008 ( 268 )