A few things irked me about the ambiance of Ohio Stadium last Saturday, but the one thing that really bothered me the most was this...
I get that home teams prefer to be on the home side of the field, and you can't exactly swap the locker rooms around, so it pretty much is what it is. Midfield scraps are going to be inevitable, especially when the Maize & Blue are in town. I doubt this is such an issue when say, Miami of Ohio, or whatever other Baby Seal U non-conference opponent is being well compensated to show up at the snake pit. But I can tell you that this layout, and the inevitability of young flaring tempers, is only inviting calamity.
And, sure enough, calamity did ensue before, and after the game on Saturday, but the post-game nonsense was brought on by the sudden influx of drunk students and middle-aged wannabes rushing the field. I didn't realize it before the game, but the student/fan section in the south endzone empties DIRECTLY ONTO THE FIELD.
- ► 2015 ( 89 )
- ► 2014 ( 231 )
- ► 2013 ( 226 )
- One Major Design Flaw of Ohio Stadium
- Sayonara: Gareon Conley
- Recruitaholics: Cheers to the Champions
- The Michigan - Ohio State Rivalry in One Chart
- Team 133 by the Numbers
- Words and Images from Ohio State
- Ohio State Photos
- Tough Loss
- Boom Denarded Dot Gif
- Stay Classy Urban
- Ohio State Preview
- Michigan - Ohio State Hype Video? Not really.
- Breaking B1G: Week 13 Preview
- Rutgers to Join the Big Ten
- Recruitaholics: Buzzin' On Some Highlights
- Maryland to Join the Big Ten
- Maryland and Rutgers to the Big Ten?
- Michigan on 60 Minutes [Video]
- Iowa Wrap-Up
- Iowa Photos
- Will Never Be Forgotten
- Recruitaholics: Presented by Hoke and Company
- Breaking B1G: Week 12 Preview
- The Quarterback Situation
- Breaking B1G: Week 12 Bowl Projections
- Recruitaholics: A Man Amongst Boys
- 5 Takes from Northwestern
- Northwestern Photos
- Treezy's Catch
- Recruitaholics: Your Pregame Visitor List
- Northwestern Preview
- Breaking B1G: Week 11 Preview
- Outgoing: Ricardo Miller
- Michigan Sets 2015-16 Schedules, Announces Arkansa...
- Get Out and Vote
- Recruitaholics: Just Doo It...Doo It
- Jake Ryan Doesn't Care Too Much For Your Offensive...
- My 5 Takes: Minnesota
- Breaking B1G: Week 11 Bowl Projections
- Minnesota Preview
- Incoming: Da'Mario Jones
- ▼ November ( 41 )
- ► 2011 ( 312 )
- ► 2010 ( 270 )
- ► 2009 ( 219 )
- ► 2008 ( 268 )