|I needed an awesome picture for this post.|
What I need from you
Simple. Provide consistently good, original recruiting content for this site.
• Write one or two recruiting posts a week, depending on what's going on.
• Write up "Incoming:" posts as new recruits commit.
• Have a presence on Twitter (where recruiting info is free and plentiful).
• Provide general coverage of the hysteria that is recruiting season. Hint: It's always recruiting season.
What I expect is someone who can provide great insight into a recruit and a recruiting class as a whole. Talk about individual recruits, discuss team needs, discuss possible targets, provide analysis of recruiting classes...that kind of stuff. And most of all, have a good take. Don't just give out bios, have an opinion on a guy. Opinions matter.
What I don't expect someone to have special insider info that no one else has. If you do, that's awesome, but not expected. The most important thing is that you do not, do not, do not steal from other recruiting sites. If you're going to cover recruiting for us, it must be all your own stuff.
What I can offer you
Exposure. You notice all those fancy-pants recruiting insiders at ESPN, Scout or Rivals? They weren't just anointed, they all started somewhere.
The biggest incentive for you is that you'll have a chance to get your name out there and build a solid reputation as a recruiting insider (assuming that's what you're looking to do). Everything you publish will be under your name. This site generates it's fair share of traffic, so if your stuff is good, it will get read.
Will you get paid?
If you can generate a good following, you will. But you shouldn't be doing this for the money, if that answers your question.
• Writing samples are a must.
• Prior experience covering recruiting is ideal, but not required. (If you have a blog that covers recruiting already, that's a big plus)
• An investigative mind able to uncover information on prospects.
• An unbridled enthusiasm for Michigan football.
I can't promise anything else other than if you're good at what you do, people will notice. Shoot me an email only if you're seriously interested.