Media photographers were given access to roughly the first 30 minutes of practice today. As you can see, not much other than some walk-through drills and stretching were going on. What...you thought they'd let us diagram plays or something?
As a blogger, and a photographer, I'll take what few precious moments inside the walls of Fort Schembechler I can get.
A few notes...
• For those looking for #27 Derrick Green in these photos, he's not.
• Devin looked to be warming up with #61 Graham Glasgow.
• Of course Lewan was looking as huge as ever, although he's leaner than before.
• Funchess looked like he put on some bulk.
• #43 Chris Wormley has added quite a bit of size as well.
• Jake Ryan was out there, but I never saw him do anything besides stretch.
• Blake Countess and Fitz look to be 100%, or close enough to not notice.
Overall, I say the atmosphere around the practice field was very energetic and upbeat. Not that I have a ton of other Michigan practices to compare it to, but I get the sense that practices under Hoke and his staff are pretty quickly paced.
Only 22 days to go!