|B1G Rank||Bowl||This Week |
vs Pac-12 #1
vs. BCS At-Large
vs SEC #2
vs SEC #4
vs Big 12 #4
vs SEC #6
vs Big 12 #6
vs Conf-USA #4
vs MAC #1
• Yes, I picked Ohio State to go to the Rose Bowl. Shoot me.
• Howeva! I picked Michigan to get an at-large BCS bid. How will this play out? Well, if Michigan plays Ohio State twice, and M wins at home then loses in Indy, I suspect this will be the result. Both could finish with 1 or 2 losses.
• Northwestern is for real. (Read that line to yourself again, then read it out loud.)
• Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan State are the wildcards in the conference. I think one could shoot up this list while two stay right where they are. Tough to predict these squads right now. Penn State is irrelevant anyway with the bowl ban.
• Indiana is my little engine that could. I think the bottom 5 teams in the league...Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana and Purdue are all pretty interchangeable in the preseason. I also suspect the Gophers to have another bowl-type season.
Let's be honest though, there's no way the Big Ten gets 9 teams bowl eligible.