• 1 year post-season ban*.
• 9 scholarships lost over 3 years.
• 3 years probation.
• Vacate entire 2010 season, including the Sugar Bowl.
• Repay $338,000 for 2010 B1G bowl payout.
• 5-year "show-cause" for Jim Tressel.
Seems like a lot, but they deserved more. A lot more. More scholarships lost, at least. Probably another year of a bowl ban. And Gene Smith should be shown the door. And let's not forget, it's because of all of this that Urban Meyer is now Ohio's new coach.
I don't think this will change anything.
* Post-season ban includes the B1G Championship game. So should Ohio finish the season and qualify for the title game, their spot would fall to the second-place team in the Leaders Division. Wisconsin fans should be very happy about this.