Well, just what the title says. The freshman LB will attend classes tomorrow and will be able to play right away at Rutgers. He was never cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse to play at Michigan, thus was sent home in August.
According to reports, he took a class to become eligible (unknown where he took this class). According to Rodriguez, when he showed up in Ann Arbor this summer, he was ineligible and would not be cleared by the NCAA, thus would never play at Michigan. His high school coach, Bill Walsh (not that Bill Walsh), said the issue was recently investigated by the NCAA and they found him now eligible to play. Witherspoon told the press he has no idea what happened at Michigan.
- ► 2014 (223)
- ► 2013 (226)
- ► 2012 (317)
- ► 2011 (312)
- ► 2010 (270)
- ► 2009 (219)
- Big Ten Weekly Pick-em: Week 6
- News and Notes, Stats and Links
- Wisconsin Wrap-Up
- Big Ten Weekly Pick-em: Week 5
- USC Loses to Oregon State, 27-21
- Wisconsin Up-Close
- BTB Roundtable - Week 5
- So When Does Rich Rodriguez Get His Apology?
- Wednesday Recruiting Update
- Back To It
- Big Ten Weekly Pick-em: Week 4
- Brent Musburger Day
- BTB Roundtable - Week 4
- Bye-Week Blues
- Marcus Witherspoon Transferes to Rutgers
- Notre Dame Wrap-Up
- Stats for Game 3: @ Notre Dame
- They Played Like...
- The Onion Weighs in on Michigan/Notre Dame
- Notre Dame Up-Close
- Notre Dame Primer
- Is the Big Ten Really Down?
- I'm Cheering for USC...and So Should You
- Week 3 Injuries and Recruiting Update
- BTB Roundtable - Week 3: Rivalry Edition
- To Hell With Michigan?!
- Stats for Game 2: MIAMI OH
- A Win is a Win
- Miami Up-Close
- tOSU Fans: When Do You Start to Worry?
- BTB Roundtable - Week 2
- Stats for Game 1: UTAH
- Recruiting, Injuries and Player News
- My 2-Day Old Response
- ▼ September (34)